Sunday, August 29, 2010

No wimpy 12 room dungeons here!

I decided to take a look at my revised megadungeon maps today. Unlike Greyhawk Castle or some others, I made my revised version have the castle ruins above still there, as an extension of the 1st level, although there will likely be some 2nd and 3rd level type encounters there as well.

I'd never gotten around to drawing up the upper levels of the ruined keep, but I did that today. Then I numbered the encounter areas for it and the first two dungeon levels (all I've drawn so far).

Upper Works: 87 areas to be keyed.
Level 1: 144 areas to be keyed (with one area split into 38 subdivisions)
Level 2: 198 areas to be keyed.

That's 467 areas to be explored suitable to Basic Set level characters, plus whatever else ends up on Level 3, not counting two sublevels I'm porting over from my earlier maps.

Holy crap, I don't have the time for that! Well, if I key them a little at a time, I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment