Sunday, October 17, 2010

Board Game Group back?

Tonight, despite the fact that none of the regulars besides myself were able to attend (Dave and Pat were busy, Alex sprained his ankle, and Steve was sick and enjoying the medicine doctors had prescribed him), we had a good board game night.

Three of the students at the adult English school where I work weekends came, as well as one friend from the radio station.  So we had 5 players, 4 of them new to Eurogames.

We played Catan twice.  No surprise, I won the first game.  Everyone picked up on the strategies quickly, though, so in the second game I was mostly shut out.  No one would trade with me if they had another choice on their turns, and nobody would trade with me on my turns (mostly).  And it was a neck and neck game.  At the end, Min-gu had a Development Card that he could play for a point plus nine points already, so it was a race to shut him down.  Just before he got that last turn, Rob improved one settlement to a city and built two roads, taking the Longest Road card from Mingu and putting himself at 10 points to win the game.

Lots of fun, and they're all up for more in the future.  Now we just need to worry about scheduling...

No comments:

Post a Comment