Saturday, November 27, 2010

Noir Frontiers: Murder on the Dramune Express

Had yet another idea for an adventure module I'd like to write, but the way things are going these days, I'll never get around to it.  I'm up to my eyeballs in private lessons.  Trying to save up for grad school.  But anyway, you're interested in gaming stuff, not my work.

Use Star Frontiers to run a murder mystery.  Set on a starship (with Star Frontiers' FTL rules, that would mean the characters have X days to find the killer before the ship reaches its destination, similar to the Orient Express).  Of course, it won't be simple.  With robots being reprogrammed, holobelts being used (including a few illegal doubles of real people), and several passengers with secrets to hide and possible motives for murder.

I think it could be fun, if written and played right.  And it would offer lots of chances to use not only the Bio-Social skills a lot, but also those Intuition/Logic scores and Personality/Leadership scores. 

And it would be fun to throw in some Noir type characters with a Frontiers twist.

3 comments:

  1. I've seen some fun Star Frontiers games over the years. One of my players has a "Truane's Star Vice" game that he pulls out on occasion.

    This one sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brill. Another cool twist: The murder itself apparently occurred during the brief seconds the ship was in FTL (as Knight Hawks notes, most of your travel time is spent accelerating or decelerating inside a star system)--or did it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! Incidentally, I hope things cool off over there. What's the vibe on the street where you live?

    ReplyDelete