Saturday, July 16, 2011

Project Updates

I had a bit of a breakthrough with the edits I need to make to the GM guide section of Flying Swordsmen.  I can cut a lot more of the D&D-isms that don't need to be in the game (it's the D&D chassis, but should play fairly differently than your typical dungeon crawl or wilderness exploration sandbox game).  I'm going to focus on building conflict and tropes of Wuxia movies and how to exploit them in game (hopefully without railroading players into a set plot).

In other news, Michelle is leaving Japan to join Jacob in California, so Paul made some more edits to Presidents of the Apocalypse and ran another game with some really trimmed down rules.  He said they worked really well.  I'm waiting now for an actual game report, and to take a look at what he's done.  I've been ankle deep in Flying Swordsmen so I haven't bothered to look at PotA for quite a while.  But if these edits by Paul are working well, we may be close to a distributable form of the game.

1 comment:

  1. I'm having difficulty cobbling a group together. I was looking to run something for my brother's friend, my cousin, my sister, and brother. But my brother is just really unmotivated right now, and without him, I wouldn't feel right running anything.

    Good news for me: car runs, just need to get it registered and tagged; registered for courses at Eastern U. for an M.Ed. and secondary ed. teaching license; will be moving to Philly next weekend or so. So, considering Japan, I'm a step closer to getting work at an international school there.

    Hope you're doing well, and I'm hoping to see a completed Flying Swordsmen rulebook someday in the future!

    ReplyDelete