Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Not enough time!

John Carter opens on March 8th here in Korea.  That's just about a week away. 

I'd better find that copy I got from Project Gutenberg and finish reading it.  I read about half of A Princess of Mars about a year ago (year and a half, maybe?) and stopped not because I didn't enjoy the story, but because it was annoying reading it on a computer screen (no Kindle or similar device), and had plenty of other print books to read. 

It's not that long, so I should be able to manage.

And that brings me to this year's big fantasy/sci fi/action movies.  There are some I'm really looking forward to:

John Carter
The Avengers
The Dark Knight Rises
Prometheus
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Those would be the ones I consider "must watch in the theater" fare.

Some others I'll see if I've got the time (not always an option with a small child and a busy schedule), and if I miss in the theaters will try to see on VOD:

The Amazing Spider-Man
Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter
Dark Shadows
The Expendables 2
Total Recall
47 Ronin
Red Dawn

Ones that I just don't care about:

Wrath of the Titans
Men in Black III
anything old being re-done in 3D

Got your own movie picks for 2012?  Think there's something I missed that should be on one of the lists?  Think something I'm looking forward to will be crap, or vice versa?  Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.

1 comment:

  1. Iron Sky looks fun. I am disappointed that production for the Narnia series has collapsed.

    ReplyDelete